Sudoku

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Sudoku Project

Post by Buga1 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Anything related to Sudoku.

Sudoku Homepage

Description:
Sudoku is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to search for the smallest possible start configuration of Sudoku.

Team attach: Calm Chaos
Sudoku - BoincStats

Project = Active | WU Availability = Constant | WU Time = Long

Rick

danielmid
Administrator of Anthill Assassinations

Sudoku

Post by danielmid » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Is anyone else running Sudoku? I think mine is screwed up, but I dont want to abandon all hope till someone else agrees.

I have 2 WU's running from Sudoku right now, and both of them were at 1.783% when I went to bed last night. I let them run all night, and today, 1.783%. The Time to Completion column is in fact, just counting up as is the CPU Time. I dont think anything is being done on these WU's.

Should I just cancel these?
ImageImage

Bird-Dog
Chaotic Member

Post by Bird-Dog » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:46 pm

Have a look at this thread. Seems thats normal behaviour for now and will finish in anything up to 20 hours max. Calm Chaos are on that project, I did a little bit but put it on hold for now till its sorted. To cancel now is up to you but they will finish. The time so far you`ve done will be wasted if you do. Personaly I`d let them run.
[img]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/Bird-Dog-1/spitfire2.png[/img]

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:20 pm

So another two hours, and still at 1.783%. No work is being done, and the CPU time right now is at 16.5 and 16 hours each.
ImageImage

Bird-Dog
Chaotic Member

Post by Bird-Dog » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:37 pm

Looks like there going for the full 20hrs :smt003

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:21 pm

Try closing BOINC completely (or just rebooting) and restarting it. Sometime on SETI the WUs do this and restarting will sometimes clear it up.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Bird-Dog
Chaotic Member

Post by Bird-Dog » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:19 pm

Labbie wrote:Try closing BOINC completely (or just rebooting) and restarting it. Sometime on SETI the WUs do this and restarting will sometimes clear it up.
This won`t help. The wu`s ar`nt stuck, its just the way the project is. If they don`t finish before, they will at 20hrs. Restarting might start them from scratch. There`s threads about this behaviour at the Sudoku message boards

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:22 pm

OK B-D, I'm not familiar with Suduko, but thought it might be a possible solution.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:03 am

Ive already restarted a couple of times, but I did it again just to be sure. No change.

Ill just let em run till they go away, maybe the next ones will be better.
ImageImage

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:25 pm

15 Dec 2008 AEST:

December 9, 2008
Congratulations! Just three more days and all workunits of the current series will be gone. We will wait until most of the results are back. Then we will analyze and recreate/split the bad ones. Please consider supporting our RCN project while we care about new workunits: http://dist.ist.tugraz.at/cape5/.

I guess they should have finished by now?
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:36 pm

22 Dec 2008 AEST:

December 19, 2008
As promised: I have regenerated 1.4k workunits which didn't come back. If you still have any old workunits, you can safely abort them (or, if they are already in progress, you can also decide to finish them regularly). More work will be generated soon. Btw: I have implemented a few lines which prevent the credit system from granting only a few credits for long workunits. I think this is a long awaited feature. Best wishes for xmas and a happy new year! Bernhard
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

Return to “Sudoku (Retired)”