Confiscation of FreeHal servers

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Confiscation of FreeHal servers

Post by MzSnowleopard » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:57 am

http://www.freehal.net/freehal_at_home/

Translation:
In recent days, apparently carried out on my home computer through a trojan various hacker attacks. According to current information, the server FreeHAL project were not affected, but these were also the end of March seized by the police and possibly used as evidence. The possibility of a compromise of the BOINC server can be excluded since no unauthorized access to the compiler or the secret key can be done. The aim of the attacks apparently was blackmailing several people from my private life, a school and an institution for the publication of private information of individuals and the threat to sabotage online stores. Unfortunately we have no exact information about the nature and extent of prior investigation, therefore no conclusion can yet be made ​​as to when a controlled operation is again possible. We try to explain this matter as quickly as possible. For more information please send an e-mail to freehal@gmx.de . Responsible for the investigation, the Police Department Central Hesse and the Police Directorate of Heidelberg and the respective prosecutors' offices. We are of course any donations, both financial as well as in hardware, as it currently does not look it, that we have the data and the hardware in the near future to get back.

Tobias Schulz
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Re: Confiscation of FreeHal servers

Post by Gavin Shaw » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:45 am

So, in short someone attacked the server and it has been taken/seized by the police.

Reminds me of Andoric which was taken by police someone made the claim of pirate data on it.
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Re: Confiscation of FreeHal servers

Post by MzSnowleopard » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:37 am

That's what I was thinking too.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Return to “FreeHAL”