Dream Car Garage

Talk about auto's. Yours, Dreams, Others, etc.
stvenkng
Collected Member

Dream Car Garage

Post by stvenkng » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:28 pm

I don't think Speed channel will mind if I borrow the name, there is no profit gain or expectation thereof.

Come on in here and let it all hang out, build your fantasy ride, money is no object, and you have access to the finest parts, tools, materials and builders on the planet....Go for it !!!!!!!!
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z295/stvenkng/SK01.png[/img]
Second place is the first loser......

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:10 pm

I just recently purchased my Dream Car, and it will soon be moving to the projects page. I have been looking for a 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra for the last year. My requirements were few as the options list was practically non existant. I wanted a reasonably low mileage vehicle and reasonably priced. I have looked at cars with as low as 6,000 miles but the price was $37,000.00. In 2003 MSRP was $39,500.00 plus a $6,000.00 Dealer surcharge. The average mileage according to the Kelly Blue Book should be around 60,000 so anything under that was a bargain.
I found this Dark Shadow Gray Convertible 30 miles from home at a Ford dealer in Daytona Beach when I went with my Fiance to pick up her 2007 Mustang "Pony".
This Cobra had only 20,000 miles with an asking price of $28,700.00, Kelly Blue Book for an 03 with 20,000 miles was $28,900.00 so we were in the Ballpark. After a week of negotiations we ultimately settled on a price of $26,700.00 and I drove it home (Actually they used the old " internet buyer from New Jersey" trick and I folded). I have the original factory window sticker and a letter of authenticity from the SVT (Specialty Vehicles Team) and a Car Fax that had no detrimental information, although it was interesting to note that the car did not sell new until March 2004 which meant the car sat on the lot for almost exactly one year having been built in March 2003, the Dealership Owner could have been using it on a Dealers tag for up to a year. These cars are well documented by the factory and very easy to authenticate.
Why do I consider this a "DREAM CAR"? Well it is #3094 of 5082 convertible Mustang Cobras built in 2003, The 2003/2004 model years have a national club dedicated to them alone, they are highly desireable among dedicated Mustang and Cobra fanatics. in 2003 it was the first time in 46 years that Ford produced a factory supercharged vehicle. A low mileage well maintained specimen will not only hold near it's original selling price for several years but will begin to increase in value in the future. The car is capable of speeds in excess of 180 miles per hour in an unmolested state (Lamborgini Guilardo $190,000.00 186 MPH) and with very little effort will achieve speeds in excess of 200 miles per hour (Ferari "Enzo" $1,000,000.00 205 MPH).. it is a world class car that has been overlooked by everyone outside of the Mustang owners community and oddly enough there are people within who are not aware of the specs and the capabilities of this little factory Hot Rod, in fact until 2005 the only car that was in the same class performance and price wise was the $65,000.00 ZO6 Corvette, now the new Shelby is posting similar performance numbers in the $50,00.00 price range...The 2003/2004 cars were the last of the "FOX" platform, and the SVT was disbanded at the end of the 2004 model year (after 12 years of success beginning with the 1993 Mustang Cobra) as 2005 would see Carrol Shelby re-kindle his relationship with Ford and "SHELBY" has replaced "SVT" on the rear of the "COBRA" aka the GT 500 (KR) in all it's iterations. I honestly believe the 2003/2004 cars will hold their value better than the newer Shelby cars because they are flooding the market with them and dealers are putting rediculous premiums on them. MSRP is $39,000 but you cannot get one for less than $50,000..Another consideration will be the introduction of the retro-Chevrolet Camaro and the Dodge Challenger which are both much awaited..
Lastly the engine, an extremely exotic unit, which is hand built by a two man dedicated team from start to finish and has a plate on the passenger side cam cover bearing the engraved signatures of the two builders. It is a 4.6 liter dual overhead cam engine with 4 valves per cylider, factory supercharger producing 10 pounds of boost, fuel injection, coil on plug ignition and 530 horsepower at the flywheel although the factory claims 390 ? The rear wheel horse power has been verified at 430 on this car on a chassis dyno with no major modifications, there is a parasitic loss in the drive train estimated at approximately 100 HP. Ford sells the "Cammer" short block for $15,000.00 add the blower and the accessories and the engine is worth almost as much as I paid for the whole car. Finish it all off with a world class 6-speed transmission and a fully independant rear suspension, high end accessories and totally plush interior and you have one rare, high performance, world class hot rod......
Last edited by stvenkng on Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:17 pm

Engine

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:18 pm

BUILDERS SIGNATURES

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:37 pm

My main ride

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:39 pm

Still on the lot, getting ready to go home

Brian
Chaotic Member

Post by Brian » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:22 pm

That, my friend, is one sweet ride.. :smt023
"When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football."

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Thanks, I don't know if you were able to figure it out or not but I kinda like it....

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:54 pm

Really Steven?? We never would have guessed...lmao
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:24 pm

Knightmare wrote:Really Steven?? We never would have guessed...lmao
And I thought I was really playing it low key. Just goes to show you. Ahhhhh, what the hell, if you've got it flaunt it, right? Wasn't it Ford who used to call it "Pride of Ownership" guilty....:smt003

Wait til I finish my matching 93 Cobra T-Top coupe clone, I am looking for a junked 03, 04 Cobra for interior parts maybe a four valve supercharged engine. That would be too cool. If I can't locate a reasonably priced four valve there is a whole pile of three valves from Mustangs, T-Birds, Lincolns heck I can use one from an F-150 and they are a dime a dozen. Just hang an aftermarket blower on it and rock on.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:32 pm

I can have my Dad take a look around some of the salvage yards around here for the Cobra. Shipping costs might be a bitch though...lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:31 am

Where are you shipping from? I am disabled, do not work. I can load up my big dog hook up my trailer to my Expedition and be anywhere in the country in 48 hours....

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:10 am

I live in Michigan. Up around Saginaw Bay.

My Dad lives further downstate.

Want me to have him look around??
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:30 am

Sure if he has time and is not going out of his way. Right now I am specifically looking for interior parts. Prefferably seats, console, door panels and dash.
The dash complete with guages can come from any year Cobra from '94 through '04. Likewise the same years are acceptible for the console, however I would prefer only '03, '04 seats. The only color combination for the Cobra of those years was a Grey colored center section with dark charcoal bolsters top and bottom. A rear seat is not necessary but if it is in good condition I might be interested. Otherwise I will probably build a speaker enclosure and save the trunk for relocating the battery and maybe addition of dual nitrous bottles. There is no big hurry but if nice pieces are located and prices are reasonable I can move up my time frame a bit. I expect the '93 to take about 2 years to complete to show quality. After that I will start on the '86 Fastback putting it back as close to stock as I am comfortable with. There are not many of the "square light" cars left. Most are either old race cars, junked or crushed. Ultimately I hope to be able to sell the completed '86 and use the procedes to clone a 1970 Boss 429 Mustang. That will pretty much round out my collection with the exception of an '08 Shelby clone. Why all the clones? because I want to be able to drive them and there is no way I would ever leave home in a 1970 Boss 429 under it's own power, if I could find one, but with less than 500 copies built originally, that is not very likely.

i
Last edited by stvenkng on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:48 pm

OK. He will be coming up next wekkend and I will tell him to see what he can come up with. He is " semi - retired " so he has a little extra time. lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:26 am

OK. I told my Dad what you are looking for, and he said he'll look around in the area where he lives. I'll let ya know if he finds anything. :-)
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:23 am

Knightmare wrote:OK. I told my Dad what you are looking for, and he said he'll look around in the area where he lives. I'll let ya know if he finds anything. :-)
Thanks Dude, let me know what he comes up with...

nevermore
Cool Member

Post by nevermore » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:23 am

'65 Buick Wildcat

I love the classics, particularly of the muscle car fame, but the Wildcat will always hold a special place in my heart (a girl I dated back in high school had one, completely restored. Oh, the fun we had...)

Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander

Post by Dark Angel » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:50 am

nevermore wrote:'65 Buick Wildcat

I love the classics, particularly of the muscle car fame, but the Wildcat will always hold a special place in my heart (a girl I dated back in high school had one, completely restored. Oh, the fun we had...)
front seat or back?
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

nevermore
Cool Member

Post by nevermore » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:25 am

Dark Angel wrote:front seat or back?
Admittedly no. (sigh)

We did take that car on some nice road trips, once to Taos, New Mexico for skiing (her parents didn't know that I was going along :smt002).

Return to “Gearhead Chaos”