New Host / New Moya

Got a compouter problem, Chat about your rig, Chat about a new build. Heres the place.
DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

New Host / New Moya

Post by DarkWaterSong » Sun May 08, 2016 4:37 am

As some of you may know, I build my own computers...and have been living with falure for months. I got a Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z motherboard and tried to cram a AMD FX-9590 Eight-Core Processor + Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2400MHz (16Gb) together. I the only way I could get it stable was to under clock, and that caused my Radeon R9290X (also by ASUS) to decide to lock up randomly. Until one day the power supply, a Corsair AX1200i, would trip if I had the power cable that went to my processor.

I RMAed the Motherboard, and the processor....and while it was no longer tripping the AX1200i, it still would throw an FF error on boot. FF = something is screwed, but we don't have an error code for it. So I have been living on my puny as hell work laptop, or the spare parts PC I built my mom (see existing hosts).

Well....I am tying from what appears to be stable build, as I slowly upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. DEATH TO CORTINA!!! And how do I know that my AMD FX-9590 + Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1866 MHz (32 Gb of it) + ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA + Radeon R9290X (Asus as well, and it has 4Gb of VRAM) is stable this time? Well it is running Boinc and has let me get VERY close to 9,000 on Firestrike with 3dMark.

Also it is now cased in a http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-H ... detailpage and I love the case. I had my computer in a http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Graphite- ... detailpage and it was time for a change.

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Re: New Host / New Moya

Post by DarkWaterSong » Sun May 08, 2016 4:37 am

Singature

Also wondering, if there is a way to get your singature at the bodom if you are first poster....as I install 237 Windows 7 updates so I can get in Windows 10 to install.

...and am glad around the 30th I will be moving into a brand new house Mom and I bought....that has 150mbs/150mbs FIOS vs. 6mbs / 1.5mbs DSL. And yes that DSL is the fastest thing we can get in the current house, and is not the reason we are moving.

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Post by MzSnowleopard » Sun May 08, 2016 4:38 am

Congrats on the new house
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Post by DarkWaterSong » Sat May 14, 2016 4:38 am

Well apparently I attracted big fish

I just checked on my my new host, which is the most powerful of the 3, is under performing my 2nd most powerful one and found this. Thank you for those tasks that take ~30 days guys! The ~4 day ones are nice too.

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Post by MzSnowleopard » Sat May 14, 2016 4:38 am

Sadly, no like button
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Post by DarkWaterSong » Mon May 16, 2016 4:39 am

Murdered that....

So I was having a minor over heating issue with my video card...it was getting up to 76 deg C with the stock fans in my case. Windows would reboot 2 or so times a day, so I decided to replace the 1,000 rpm case fans with something a bit more powerful.

Enter 3 of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-N ... e_o00_s00
And now my boyfriend thinks I am trying to build a drone. Lets just say with these at 1,500 rmp it keeps the video card at 55 deg C, and at 3,000 rmp loose paper takes flight in my room. Also at full speed the do sound like a gas powered drone, at 1/2 they a bit louder than the stock fans.

Return to “Computer Chat”