Cafepress.com Data Hack!

General Usage.

TimeLord04
Chaotic Member

Cafepress.com Data Hack!

Post by TimeLord04 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:34 pm

8-20-2019 at 6:30 AM - PDT

LifeLock just notified me that Cafepress.com, (Linked from here - CC Store), has been Hacked and certain User Info is now on the Dark Web.

For me, e-Mail Address and Password associated w/ Cafepress.com, (and here), may have been stolen. It is recommended that the Password associated with the affected Account(s) be changed! Anyone else who's ordered from the Store in the past should do the same.

TL
TimeLord04
Have TARDIS, will travel...

Come along K-9!
Join Calm Chaos

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Re: Cafepress.com Data Hack!

Post by MzSnowleopard » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:53 am

Thanks TL, as a shop owner, I appreciate being told these things. I'm wondering why CP didn't e-mail me.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

TimeLord04
Chaotic Member

Post by TimeLord04 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:03 pm

MzSnowleopard wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:53 am
Thanks TL, as a shop owner, I appreciate being told these things. I'm wondering why CP didn't e-mail me.
8-25-2019 at 1:03 PM - PDT

Well, CP DIDN'T e-Mail me, either... However; when attempting to Login there, the Site keeps the Account LOCKED UNTIL you first answer one of your Security Questions, (IF that's set up by you), AND THEN IMMEDIATELY making you change your Password.

Apparently, over 20 MILLION Users have been affected!!! :smt119

TL
TimeLord04
Have TARDIS, will travel...

Come along K-9!
Join Calm Chaos

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Post by MzSnowleopard » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:37 am

Yeah, I had that. There was a notice on the page about changing passwords to include keys that are typically used only in coding.

What was weird was that the answer to my question was wrong. So, I had to go in and change that too. It doesn't look like anything on my account was affected. I'm going to have to update it though. They've added some products since I last logged in.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Return to “General Chaos Chat”