General Ongoing Chat.

General Usage.

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Re: General Ongoing Chat.

Post by MzSnowleopard » Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Accidental double-post. feel free to delete this one.
Last edited by MzSnowleopard on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Wed May 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Check out what I found-

Last edited by MzSnowleopard on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:51 am

MzSnowleopard wrote:Check out what I found- unfortunately it's too large to in-bed so link-too is bed option.

The world is coming to an end!!!

Lol...
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:05 am

MzSnowleopard wrote:Check out what I found- unfortunately it's too large to in-bed so link-too is bed option.

Wasn't there already a Skynet active over in Great Britain?

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:47 am

There's this reference page on wikipedia that lists several sources- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet

I also found this interesting site about the Terminator franchise- it looks like a lot of work went in to it.

http://www.goingfaster.com/term2029/index.html
Stats / Web Site / Blog

danielmid
Administrator of Anthill Assassinations

Post by danielmid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Turned back on my machines last week. Not sure how long I'll be running, as the cold spell here was very short lived and it's already hot. Got the quad, my laptop, and an old dual core pentium (slow as molasses, but it has an HD4830 card in it).

In my main computer the HD4850 in it was freezing anytime it got any load on it. So I just installed a new-to-me HD4870 to get back in the GPU game.

Has anything changed with GPUs? Are the best projects still Milkyway and Collatz? I see that Primegrid has an ATI app now that seems to run pretty well.
ImageImage

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm

danielmid wrote:Turned back on my machines last week. Not sure how long I'll be running, as the cold spell here was very short lived and it's already hot. Got the quad, my laptop, and an old dual core pentium (slow as molasses, but it has an HD4830 card in it).

In my main computer the HD4850 in it was freezing anytime it got any load on it. So I just installed a new-to-me HD4870 to get back in the GPU game.

Has anything changed with GPUs? Are the best projects still Milkyway and Collatz? I see that Primegrid has an ATI app now that seems to run pretty well.

Not totally sure about the GPU's. I know there are starting to be more projects for them. But I haven't tested or looked up comparisons between any of them. I've been hooked into MW for so long I very seldom change it around. At least in the last year or so. My main system with the HD6950 doesn't crunch as much anymore though. I've had it busy with so much other stuff I have to turn off BOINC while doing it, then forget to turn it back on. LMAO. My secondary system though with the 4870 and 4850 still slowly crunchees away. If you come across anything interesting, let me know. I will do likewise too.

Rick

danielmid
Administrator of Anthill Assassinations

Post by danielmid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Well I'll turn back on Milkyway, you seem to be killing it over there so I'll follow your lead.
ImageImage

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Welcome back, Daniel.

redwolf
Calm Member

Post by redwolf » Sat May 18, 2013 12:34 pm

I haven't seen much activity on the boards here since I've been back (from a way-too-long hiatus). Is it more calm than chaos lately, or is it so calm it's almost dead?
Yeah, I'm a noob. So what?

Image Image

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:27 pm

It has kinda died out around here. But not dead. lol. We still have the crunching going on, just less activity on the boards. But that can slowly change. The heart beat has picked up now that your back RW. lol

Rick

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue May 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Real life (kids, lack of money...etc...) has struck a lot of us, I think. There hasn't been alot going on around here lately, but I am going to do my best to start building it back up. There are several of us who still check in often, and others who will poke their heads in occasionally to see what's happening.

The Chaos will return, methinks.

Good to see you back again RW

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Thu May 23, 2013 10:48 am

Some of us leave our browser logged in nearly all the time. :)

Just in case.
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Fri May 24, 2013 5:11 am

Checking in!

For me the priority these days has been writing with the focus in my break-in novel. Still, I'll drop by now and then to see what's going on.
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Good to see a little posting going on. I hit here several times a day. But I do have CC set as my homepage. So whenever I open up the internet CC is my first stop. lol

Rick

redwolf
Calm Member

Post by redwolf » Mon May 27, 2013 11:11 am

Awesome :) There were just a lot of signs of 'loose mortar'... (These aren't criticisms, just observations.) The projects hadn't been updated in a long while, last posts in some forums were beyond the last year... Just little things that made me wonder. I totally get about real life. Congratulations, btw, KM.

Image Image

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:17 pm

redwolf wrote:Awesome :) There were just a lot of signs of 'loose mortar'... (These aren't criticisms, just observations.) The projects hadn't been updated in a long while, last posts in some forums were beyond the last year... Just little things that made me wonder. I totally get about real life. Congratulations, btw, KM.

LMBO. I'd say a little more than "loose mortar". I think some bricks feel out. But we can put the bricks back in and fix it up. lol Site has slowed but we still have our rabid crunchers. :o)

Rick

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 am

I'm going to have my machine run some projects for awhile. Just need to download the new apps and decide which projects. I'll figure it out.

BTW, it would be nice to see more people posting in the forums. I check out the place from time to time and there's hardly any activity on the board. I think a bunch of people post at the project boards. :smt006

Me, I haven't been that good but a strong multivite helps so it probly isn't a serious health prob, just keeps me down a lot. The heart palp issue was because of the vagus nerve and related to the abdominal pains I get and not the heart. Okay I won't talk about my problems anymore lol.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:36 pm

AC wrote:I'm going to have my machine run some projects for awhile. Just need to download the new apps and decide which projects. I'll figure it out.

BTW, it would be nice to see more people posting in the forums. I check out the place from time to time and there's hardly any activity on the board. I think a bunch of people post at the project boards. :smt006

Me, I haven't been that good but a strong multivite helps so it probly isn't a serious health prob, just keeps me down a lot. The heart palp issue was because of the vagus nerve and related to the abdominal pains I get and not the heart. Okay I won't talk about my problems anymore lol.
Well...if talking about health problems gets a few people posting again...that works. LOL

Good to hear (read) you are doing ok AC. :smt023

redwolf
Calm Member

Post by redwolf » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:03 am

Any chance of a medals update? ;)

Image Image

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Will get into that Redwolf. I know a lot of people need some updating in that area. :o)

Rick

redwolf
Calm Member

Post by redwolf » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:13 am

Yeah. I'd say you've definitely been around more than 3 years now and have a few more than 100M Cobbles. ;)

Image Image

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Wow, Rick. Only 3 years eh? LMAO

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:57 pm

He's not the only one who needs an update!! LOL :smt002 :smt023
Stats / Web Site / Blog

TimeLord04
Chaotic Member

Post by TimeLord04 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:55 am

It's good to see some posting around here. I was REALLY worried that the place had been deserted.

I've been back on SETI for about a week or so, I"m on an old machine; Athlon XP 2200+ w/ 512 MB RAM. It was built in 2004, I got it in 2005; but, didn't do anything with it until now... It is running Ubuntu Linux 12.0.4. I'm trying to learn Linux.

Take care,

Scott
TimeLord04
Have TARDIS, will travel...

Come along K-9!
Join Calm Chaos

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:00 am

Making a quick post. I will be around so if there are any issues, let me know. Might take a little longer than normal though. Our son got called in last night and had his kidney transplant today. So will be in and out while his in the hospital. But will get to any problems as soon as I can.

Rick

Buga1

Happy Birthday

Post by Buga1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:06 am

Happy Birthday to TL. Hope you have a good one.

Rick

par1138
Calm Member
Location: Montreal, Canada, Earth, Orion Arm of the Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

Post by par1138 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 pm

That's major chirurgy, but with some minimal luck and a lot of patience and resilience - and support - I'll bet he got through this ordeal with the upper hand.
Buga1 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:00 am
Making a quick post. I will be around so if there are any issues, let me know. Might take a little longer than normal though. Our son got called in last night and had his kidney transplant today. So will be in and out while his in the hospital. But will get to any problems as soon as I can.

Rick
————
"I don't want to believe. I want to know." — Carl Sagan

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:16 am

par1138 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 pm
That's major chirurgy, but with some minimal luck and a lot of patience and resilience - and support - I'll bet he got through this ordeal with the upper hand.
Buga1 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:00 am

Rick
Things are going pretty good. Been a crazy few weeks, but things are looking to settle down. I Hope. Thanks.

Rick

Return to “General Chaos Chat”