Songs Not Working

Any problems you are having with the Calm Chaos Site. Post here.
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Re: Music problems.

Post by Sarge_II » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:02 pm

Buga1 wrote:If you have any problem with the music section of the forum, please post here and let me know. Will try and correct the problem as quick as I can.

Limits = 5mb in size - MP3 Format - 3 uploads per user

Would like to use the link-to and use the likes of fileden or such to host music but that part isn't fully tested yet. (testers?) This will kind of be a small test for workablity and bandwith usage.

Rick
I tried uploading my song, first as mp3 and then as wav. Each time, it said the file type was not allowed. I also could not get either of the two songs already uploaded to play.
Dark-no-no.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:23 pm

Sarge_II wrote:
Buga1 wrote:If you have any problem with the music section of the forum, please post here and let me know. Will try and correct the problem as quick as I can.

Limits = 5mb in size - MP3 Format - 3 uploads per user

Would like to use the link-to and use the likes of fileden or such to host music but that part isn't fully tested yet. (testers?) This will kind of be a small test for workablity and bandwith usage.

Rick
I tried uploading my song, first as mp3 and then as wav. Each time, it said the file type was not allowed. I also could not get either of the two songs already uploaded to play.
I haven't tried uploading yet, but I can't get the California Raisins to play. It tells me I need a codec, but doesn't tell me what one.

Reaper played, but it took a while before it started. Apparently it is downloading the entire song before starting it. It just says "Connecting" until it starts to play.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:33 pm

Well, I was able to upload a song, but I get the same error when I try to play it as when I try to play the California Raisins song.

The one I uploaded plays just fine on my PC, what could have changed?

EDIT: I'm using IE7 and WMP 11
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:53 pm

Labbie wrote:I haven't tried uploading yet, but I can't get the California Raisins to play. It tells me I need a codec, but doesn't tell me what one.

Reaper played, but it took a while before it started. Apparently it is downloading the entire song before starting it. It just says "Connecting" until it starts to play.
When I tried to play your song, I got a codec error as well when I right clicked and saw something about error details.

C00D1199: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is not supported by the Player.
The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.
You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.
Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000
Web Help
Dark-no-no.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:24 pm

I get the same results using FireFox as I do IE7. But FF is using WMP too.

I'm going to go back to WMP v10 and see if that does anything.

:smt017

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:54 pm

Labbie wrote:I get the same results using FireFox as I do IE7. But FF is using WMP too.

I'm going to go back to WMP v10 and see if that does anything.

:smt017
I was able to upload with IE7 ... see no reason why I couldn't with FF. But, still not getting all songs to play. I have the most recent version of WMP. Shouldn't need new codecs.
Dark-no-no.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:39 pm

I get the same results using WMP 10.

Can't play Sarge's upload either.

Can't do much of anything on the music page except listen to Reaper.

Oh, I get it now. It's a CONSPIRACY!!!!

[smilie=drogar-headphones(dbg).gif]

Although, as conspiracies go, I'd only rate it a [smilie=skull2.gif]

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:57 pm

Labbie wrote:I get the same results using WMP 10.

Can't play Sarge's upload either.

Can't do much of anything on the music page except listen to Reaper.

Oh, I get it now. It's a CONSPIRACY!!!!

[smilie=drogar-headphones(dbg).gif]

Although, as conspiracies go, I'd only rate it a [smilie=skull2.gif]
Perhaps the 48kbps was required after all, because mine is finally playing at that rate.
Dark-no-no.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:46 pm

Sarge_II wrote: Perhaps the 48kbps was required after all, because mine is finally playing at that rate.
OK, I can play your second version, but where does it say that the songs have to be 48kbps?

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:06 pm

Labbie wrote:
Sarge_II wrote: Perhaps the 48kbps was required after all, because mine is finally playing at that rate.
OK, I can play your second version, but where does it say that the songs have to be 48kbps?
Rick had suggested that in an earlier private message. I thought that requirement might be gone, but apparently not?
Dark-no-no.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:16 pm

Sarge_II wrote:
Labbie wrote:
Rick had suggested that in an earlier private message. I thought that requirement might be gone, but apparently not?
That explains why I didn't see it then. Maybe he should post that somewhere?

Sarge, your link from the Cafe worked for me, I guess you have to be a forum member to play the music?

The above two questions are for Rick.

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:44 am

Sorry all. I will look into these problems. Meant to be on earlier to get anything fixxed. Try to work out the problem on the test forum but only can do so much.

I am having no problem playing any of the songs. So that is wierd. Shouldn't have to worry about rates (48 or 128). Only limit should be the 5mb. Im running IE6 and I think WMP 10. Haven't updated either. Maybe I should. lol.

As of now, Yes you have to be a forum member. I would like to change that but still testing. Just can't work out all the problems till its out to the masses.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:11 am

I went to one of my PCs that is just XP, all the updates, SETI, and WMP 10. It still won't play. Same error.

Could the fact that you (Rick) can play these be linked to your Uber administrative login?

That's all I can think of that's left.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:53 am

Labbie wrote:I went to one of my PCs that is just XP, all the updates, SETI, and WMP 10. It still won't play. Same error.

Could the fact that you (Rick) can play these be linked to your Uber administrative login?

That's all I can think of that's left.
Try changing it to the 48 kbps anyway, just to see if it works anyway. (There's a program you can get from tucows called "Switch.")
Dark-no-no.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:23 am

OK, I downgraded Melissa to 48kbps and uploaded it. I can play that version. I put the rate of each Melissa posting in the title to differentiate between the two.

I can also play the Weird Al song that Rick posted. Don't know what rate it is.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:28 am

Labbie wrote:OK, I downgraded Melissa to 48kbps and uploaded it. I can play that version. I put the rate of each Melissa posting in the title to differentiate between the two.

I can also play the Weird Al song. Still trying to get one of the Melissa E. songs to play.
Dark-no-no.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:32 am

Odd, Very odd. Might have times, here now, that things might work and not. Doing some changing.

Weird Al is at 128

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:36 am

Sarge_II wrote:
Labbie wrote:OK, I downgraded Melissa to 48kbps and uploaded it. I can play that version. I put the rate of each Melissa posting in the title to differentiate between the two.

I can also play the Weird Al song. Still trying to get one of the Melissa E. songs to play.
OK, 48kbps version of Melissa E.'s song is playing, but not 128 kbps version ... for me.
Dark-no-no.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:36 pm

Sorry guys. Still working on it. This has been giving me knightmares. LOL Just really odd. Got some that can't play anything, others only some. Will let you all know anything I come up with.

Rick

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:53 pm

Buga1 wrote:Sorry guys. Still working on it. This has been giving me knightmares. LOL Just really odd. Got some that can't play anything, others only some. Will let you all know anything I come up with.

Rick
The version of "Don't Fear the Reaper" (at 128 kbps) plays for me.
Dark-no-no.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:33 pm

OK. I had to delete everything there. But give the other couple a try. If they work try another 128 upload. We will see.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:12 pm

Everything seems to be working for me now, both in IE7 and FF2.

However in FF2, it gives no indication that anything is happening (i.e., "connecting" message in IE), but it you check the lights on your router/modem/etc. you should see data downloading.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:17 pm

Labbie wrote:Everything seems to be working for me now, both in IE7 and FF2.

However in FF2, it gives no indication that anything is happening (i.e., "connecting" message in IE), but it you check the lights on your router/modem/etc. you should see data downloading.
All 4 played for me, but not the one I uploaded. :(
Dark-no-no.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:24 pm

Sarge_II wrote:
Labbie wrote:Everything seems to be working for me now, both in IE7 and FF2.

All 4 played for me, but not the one I uploaded. :(
Clarification: that was in IE7. None play for me in my non-updateable version of FF. (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8)
Dark-no-no.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:25 pm

Try and e-mail me file again. I will recode and see if it works.

Rick

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:33 pm

Hay Sarge Try your song that I uploaded. Please :smt009 sorry.

Rick

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:44 pm

Buga1 wrote:Hay Sarge Try your song that I uploaded. Please :smt009 sorry.

Rick
It's playing on IE7. Will check FF soon.
Dark-no-no.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:54 pm

I ftp the song you uploaded. Put it in a music editor. Then saved as. Asked me what to encode at left it at 128 and renamed. Seemed to give it a different codec. Your when I right click the player says nero recode. all I have uploaded say MPEG Layer-3. I think in there somewhere lies the problem. Don't know why.

Rick

Do you want me to delete your version?

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:33 pm

Buga1 wrote:I ftp the song you uploaded. Put it in a music editor. Then saved as. Asked me what to encode at left it at 128 and renamed. Seemed to give it a different codec. Your when I right click the player says nero recode. all I have uploaded say MPEG Layer-3. I think in there somewhere lies the problem. Don't know why.

Rick

Do you want me to delete your version?
The part I put in bold, I do not quite follow.
I don't know why my program, Switch, would create mp3's with any other encoding besides MPEG Layer-3.
But, yes, go ahead and delete the version I uploaded that does not play. :smt001
Dark-no-no.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:11 pm

Sorry. If you right click on the player. After it has started playing and pick properties. It will show codec. I don't know why but most my old ones come up as many different types of codecs. But when I recode they come out fine for uploading. Very strange. That was like your 48 bit one from earlier was MPEG layer-3 but the 128 from then was nero. Player must not like that codec. FF on the other hand is a different story. TL is having that problem in FF2. But mine is fine on 3 machines. I am still looking into. If you are wanting to have a few more on there just let me know. You can load them and if they have a problem I can fix them and re-do them. Sorry for the inconvenice. Still somewhat new to me.

Rick

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

New one - problem with it, too?

Post by Sarge_II » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:15 am

Just uploaded another ... Country Roads. Doesn't play for me. Used a different program to switch it to 128 kbps (Audiograbber). Encoder is: Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (professional). 128 kbps, 44,100 Hz, Stereo. Any ideas?

Sarge
Dark-no-no.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:46 pm

Does the others that Brian and Labbie put up? I don't know why but your last one again has a Nero codec looks like. I am re upping it for ya. Check it and let me know.

Rick

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:07 pm

Looking for anybody that uses FF. I am needing the music section tested abit more. I know TL still has nothing coming through, but really need to know if other can play in FF.

Sarge I know you where haveing problems in FF earlier. Let me know if it is working now.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:46 pm

I just installed FF2 on a machine that is basically WinXP and SETI. The music plays just fine. I did have to install QuickTime ( :smt019 ) to get the music to play on the www.calmchaos.org page before I got to the music page.

I kept all the defaults in both FF2 and QT, maybe updating QT would help?

TimeLord04
Chaotic Member

RE: "Music Online" not working in FireFox 2...

Post by TimeLord04 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:46 pm

Buga1,

Here is a quick update... My Dad's Dell, (stock IE7 and stock FF2), no weird third party codecs nor anything out of the ordinary... MUSIC DOESN'T PLAY IN FF2!!! Therefore it's not just my machine at home nor its codecs, nor is it my Dad's DELL nor its stock codecs!!! Both machines play music in FlashChat and CalmChaos.org... Therefore, it is something here with "Music Online"!!! (HA!!! I'm NOT NUTS!!! Contrary to popular belief!)
TimeLord04
Have TARDIS, will travel...

Come along K-9!
Join Calm Chaos

Return to “Website, Forum Problems”