Post Rankings Confused

Any problems you are having with the Calm Chaos Site. Post here.
timmygadget
Leader : Calm Chaos Irish Division

Post Rankings Confused

Post by timmygadget » Thu May 24, 2007 5:37 pm

Guys, why are some members chaotic, some members calm and some cool and who decides which you are? :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
[b]Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón[/b]
[img]http://www.villapetittrianon.co.uk/timsstuff/timmy.gif[/img]

Bird-Dog
Chaotic Member

Post by Bird-Dog » Thu May 24, 2007 6:06 pm

Someone asked that a while back and the answer given was your post total but looking at post history I don`t think this works out. I`ve honestly no idea. :smt017
[img]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/Bird-Dog-1/spitfire2.png[/img]

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Thu May 24, 2007 7:16 pm

The level you are assigned should not matter. The most important thing is that you are participating in a project (s). After observing the members list it appeared to me that your level was based upon the number of posts which will most likely keep me at the Calm Member level forever, as I am not likely to post over 100 times in the remainder of my stay with this team.
Please do not forget to give a moment of your time to our fallen Heroes this Memorial Day weekend and remember that they gave thier lives to protect the rights and freedom of Americans as well as citizens of other countries.
Last edited by stvenkng on Thu May 24, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Re: Confused

Post by Buga1 » Thu May 24, 2007 7:27 pm

timmygadget wrote:Guys, why are some members chaotic, some members calm and some cool and who decides which you are? :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
Hay Timmy,

That area is for post Ranks. Moves along as your post counts increase. List to follow.

Calm Member 0
Cool Member 25
Collected Member 100
Compulsive Member 500
Crazed Member 700
Chaotic Member 1000

There is the small group that chatted alot on the seti boards. So once this was created, 6 to 7 months ago. Those members went stright up. After the first month I have let the system set the rest. When our co-founder Enigma gets time, he is going to have a newer list for me to add. So the above will change.

Hope that helps.

Rick

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Thu May 24, 2007 7:32 pm

Wow only 25 to Cool Member? Looks like I might just get upgraded in the next year or so....Cool.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Thu May 24, 2007 7:36 pm

stvenkng wrote:Wow only 25 to Cool Member? Looks like I might just get upgraded in the next year or so....Cool.
LOL stvenkng. On your way. Getting close to half way. Glad to see ya here.

Rick

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Thu May 24, 2007 7:37 pm

Let's see I already have 8 posts (oops make that 9) and I have only been a member for 17 days, look out cool here I come, should make it by mid July :smt038 :smt003

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Thu May 24, 2007 7:45 pm

Buga1 wrote:
stvenkng wrote:Wow only 25 to Cool Member? Looks like I might just get upgraded in the next year or so....Cool.
LOL stvenkng. On your way. Getting close to half way. Glad to see ya here.

Rick
Yeah I suppose I could hang around here the rest of the afternoon and respond to other posts but that probably won't happen, although it might, you never know stranger things have happened. Thanks Rick it is my pleasure to be a part of this illustrious team. (I think that makes 10) :smt020

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Thu May 24, 2007 7:47 pm

Oops my dog just came in and is bugging me to take him out, Moose is a 200 pound English Mastiff so he pretty much gets his way. Gotta go but I might be back....

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Thu May 24, 2007 7:55 pm

stvenkng wrote:Oops my dog just came in and is bugging me to take him out, Moose is a 200 pound English Mastiff so he pretty much gets his way. Gotta go but I might be back....
One big puppy. LOL I would say "gets his way". LOL

Rick

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Thu May 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Buga1 wrote:
stvenkng wrote:Oops my dog just came in and is bugging me to take him out, Moose is a 200 pound English Mastiff so he pretty much gets his way. Gotta go but I might be back....
One big puppy. LOL I would say "gets his way". LOL

Rick
Yeah and he is only 18 months old. Won't mature physically till he's about three. Oh yeah I got reprieve it's raining like crazy so it was pretty much out squat back in the house, he hates to get wet. All in all he is a very good dog, loyal, protective of the entire family, a bit spoiled but he deserves that. He is AKC registered and he is a bit stuck up over that but he still gets along with all the cats and our little dog Poochie who weighs all of 8 pounds.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu May 24, 2007 9:22 pm

Sheesh. That is one big ole dog. I ahve a Black Lab that weighs about 90 pounds and I thought he was big.

I can't imagine owning a dog that weighs as much as I do...lmao
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Thu May 24, 2007 11:56 pm

Having an English Mastiff is alot like having another kid around the house. Scold him and he pouts, deny him something and he pouts, fortunately he cannot talk or I am certain that he would throw a tantrum. At times it is difficult to remember that he is still technically a puppy, hell sometime it is difficult to remember he's not human. He does get the best of everything including his own health insurance policy, if anything catastrphic occurred to him there is no way I could ever afford $4000.00 $5000.00 for emergency surgery or whatever. But in spite of all the issues involved with a dog like this there are also the moments when he comes to me and gives me a hug by pushing his shoulder into my chest and lets me know he wants some attention which I am pleased to do. I know it will be easy to surmise that I only keep the dog around for security which he is most capable of, but you would be far from the truth. Not everyone is suited to have a Mastiff as there are several major considerations above and byond his size. the costs beginning with the initial purchase ranging from $800.00 for a dog with a mediochre bloodline to $1800.00 for champion lines. Moose was in the higher range. then food his grocery bill runs about $100.00 a month and the Vet runs about $50.00 for heartworm prevention and flea and tick drops which 80% is covered by insurance, and the annual physical, shots, teeth cleaning,and lab tests over $300.00. having a dog that gives total loyalty and is a constant source of amusement as well as a faithful companion, priceless.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri May 25, 2007 12:24 am

Yep. I know that feeling man. I know that my dog is always happy to see me when I come home. Funny thing is....my ex girlfriend actually got him when he was 8 weeks old. We were living together at the time, but she moved out shortly after she got Jake. She was moving into a relatively new house and Jake wasn't completely house trained, so she decided to leave him with me until he was trained. Well....a few weeks later, I went over to where she was living and took Jake with me. I had every intention of leaving him with her. I took her daughter to get some ice cream and left the dog with my ex. We were only gone for about 15 minutes. When we got back, my ex looked at me and said that Jake would go back with me because when I left, he " lost his mind ". So....I wind up with a big ole goofy dog that I absolutely couldn't bear to be without. He is pure, cheap entertainment for me and I don't mind the vet bills that I occasionally run into with him. I don't have a health insurance policy for him, but he's a lot cheaper to maintain than your dog. He doesn't eat a whole lot ( surprisingly ) and the vet bills aren't all that much when I take him.

My daughter's mom's relatives used to breed Mastiffs. They were the most physically imposing dogs I had ever seen, but when properly trained, they were also some of the most gentle and loyal breeds.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 2:56 am

Agreed, I have had Moose since he was 8 weeks but I actually met him shortly after he was born. It was love at first sight and he took to me instantly. They can be a very intimidating animal but you are correct I have never seen a more gentle dog. He likes to play rough sometimes, pushing him away and slap boxing with him, and he can get very excited but all I have to say is stop and he immediately transforms back into the gentle giant that he was bred to be. Having read the entire history of the breed I found it to be an incredible story, the fact that the Mastiff is respnsible for the introduction of the majority of large breed dogs in Europe, Asia and Scandinavia is little known outside the circle of Mastiff breeders and owners. One of the most well known dogs that owes it's existence to the Mastiff is the St. Bernard which was originally called the Mountain Mastiff. The Mastiff is one of the oldest breeds on the planet and at one time was nearly wiped out in Europe during WWI and WWII because they ate too much and it could not be justified to maintain a dog who ate as much as a human when meat was in such short supply. I guess you have opened up a can of worms here and I can easily achieve my "COOL" level just talking about my dog.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri May 25, 2007 3:13 am

Well...there are far worse ways to gain a level....lmao

I knew we would come across a subject that would catch your fancy eventually...lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 3:46 am

Yep I'm hooked. Get me started my Big Boy and I'm off to the races. I could talk about him for days, weeks...Hell I could probably talk about him constantly for a year as he does something new on a daily basis that either amazes or amuses me to no end. I may get my "COOL" before the night is over. The only other subjects that get me on a roll are my Harley or my newly purchased 2003 Mustang Cobra "TERMINATOR" convertible. I do feel that in light of the length of my posts some of them should be counted as multiple entries as most typical entries are one and two liners. Based on the my 3 or 4 previous entries and including this one using the 2 line per entry premise I would be nearing Calm Chaos Chaotic Crazed which I do not suppose exists and would have to be created just for me..... :smt070
Last edited by stvenkng on Fri May 25, 2007 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 3:50 am

>:L< ?
Last edited by stvenkng on Fri May 25, 2007 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri May 25, 2007 3:51 am

stvenkng wrote:Yep I'm hooked. Get me started my Big Boy and I'm off to the races. I could talk about him for days, weeks...Hell I could probably talk about him constantly for a year as he does something new on a daily basis that either amazes or amuses me to no end. I may get my "COOL" before the night is over. The only other subjects that get me on a roll are my Harley or my newly purchased 2003 Mustang Cobra "TERMINATOR". I do feel that in light of the length of my posts some of them should be counted as multiple entries as most typical entries are one and two liners. Based on the my 3 or 4 previous entries and including this one using the 2 line per entry premise I would be nearing Calm Chaos Chaotic Crazed which I do not suppose exists and would have to be created just for me..... :smt070
LMAO!!! I will take that up with Buga and see what we can do for ya...lol

Ya know....the thing is....we don't have a Pets section on the forums....

Perhaps we should start one?? I think it would be a good idea...I am always saying stuff about what my dog does...my cat Mongo too. Labbie has a cat that goes spastic on him occasionally....

I'm pretty sure other forum members would post about their pets...maybe....

What kind of Harley do you have??
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:16 am

I have a 1995 Bad Boy. One of only 2000 made in 95. It's a factory customized springer soft tail... I was thinking the same thing about a pets section this afternoon as I was writing about my Boy. I have a cat also his name is Harley Boy but that is whole 'nother story.
Last edited by stvenkng on Fri May 25, 2007 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:23 am

It is difficult to imagine anyone who would object to a section dedicated to pets.

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:34 am

Okay Sports Fans I just checked the scoreboard and I only need 6 more posts after this one to make it to "COOL" so lets get rollin on this Pets Forum or I will start writing unrelated and obscure one liners just to complete my mission...

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri May 25, 2007 4:43 am

stvenkng wrote:Okay ... or I will start writing unrelated and obscure one liners just to complete my mission...
That's OK too, just take a look thru KM's and my posts. :smt003
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:44 am

I mean it I'll do it. You don't know me, if I get despeate enough I will do most anything

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:47 am

Okay you asked for it

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:49 am

I am as serious as a heart attack about this, i will become "COOL" within the hour...

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:50 am

Man I cannot believe that all of the South Park episodes were recent reruns again tonight.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Fri May 25, 2007 4:50 am

Now don't go to overboard.....LOL

Well... that just didn't even sound right. We've all gone overboard....LOL

Rick

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:52 am

I hate it when that happens..

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:56 am

If my calculations are correct and and based on the most recent count in the memberlist section this is number 25 and officially elevates me to the "COOL" lavel, take that all of you lowly "CALM MEMBER" persons..... :smt026

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 4:59 am

Yep I was right, a quick check of the meberslist confirms that I am now officially a "COOL MEMBER" and I did it mostly in one day.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri May 25, 2007 5:03 am

stvenkng wrote:Yep I was right, a quick check of the meberslist confirms that I am now officially a "COOL MEMBER" and I did it mostly in one day.
Well DONE!!!! :smt023

Now....to set up a pets thread...lol

We'll get you to Chaotic yet!!!!
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 5:16 am

Yeah I don't know a lot about this Forum thing, there are too many rules and the politics and all that so I try not to get too involved lest I post something in the wrong place and upset the whole membership so if and when you get something going send me an E-Mail. I think it will be "COOL" no pun ihtended.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri May 25, 2007 5:23 am

Already done Steven.

Look for the " Pets Thread " in the General Chat area. :-)

Don't worry too much about " politics " around here. lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

stvenkng
Collected Member

Post by stvenkng » Fri May 25, 2007 5:56 am

That is very cool I will have to put up a couple of mug shots of Moose..Thanks

Return to “Website, Forum Problems”