Cannot upload pictures

Any problems you are having with the Calm Chaos Site. Post here.
Red Atomic
Lord of the Avatar

Cannot upload pictures

Post by Red Atomic » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:09 am

Hi, Ive tried to upload some avatars and signature pictures, i'm using the [img] tags that have worked at seti@home. If I click preview it shows up, but when I click Submit I get an General error message.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Re: Cannot upload pictures

Post by Sarge_II » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:44 pm

Red Atomic wrote:Hi, Ive tried to upload some avatars and signature pictures, i'm using the [img] tags that have worked at seti@home. If I click preview it shows up, but when I click Submit I get an General error message.
Did you try uploading from your desktop instead?
In the latter situation, at least, there are pixel by pixel and memory (max Kb) limitations.
Dark-no-no.

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:41 am

Woooo!!!. Just noticed my post didn't come up. Probly closed the window before sending. LOL Had a few open. Crud. Anyway.

With the spamming we had starting up, I wanted to kill it quick. But as an extra measure, I set it up for new users to have 3 posts and 7 days. Keeps them away. So that is the problem.

I am going through the DB and going to hopefully fix it so you can before 7 days. When I thought I posted earlier, server had a problem getting into Mysql. Just checked again and it is now open. So I should have you good to go shortly. Will post here when I'm done.

Sorry Red.

Rick

Red Atomic
Lord of the Avatar

Post by Red Atomic » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:13 am

Thanks Buga1, With all the spamming going on its a very sensible precaution.
Will catch up on what everybody has been posting, and make a few more Avatars, any suggestions?
Thanks.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:46 am

Red Atomic wrote:Thanks Buga1, With all the spamming going on its a very sensible precaution.
Will catch up on what everybody has been posting, and make a few more Avatars, any suggestions?
Thanks.
Anything Chaotic, Red. :-)
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Return to “Website, Forum Problems”